Master of Arts - Asia Pacific Policy Studies (MAAPPS)
The MAAPPS program is suspended for admissions in September 2015 and will be transitioning to a new professional MPP program. Read here for more details.
The MAAPPS Program...
- prepares you for a policy career in the Asia Pacific and has had great success in placing graduatesin policy-related careers in North America and Asia.
- can be completed in 12, 18, or 24 months at competitive tuition rates.
- offers you the opportunity to focus on topics ranging from international relations and Asia's place in the world, to human security and human rights, governance, international development and many more.
- includes an internship or thesis as a capstone requirement. MAAPPS students have been on practica placements (PDF) with Canadian and Asiasn government institutions, private firms, and a variety of non-profit organizations.
- is taught by dedicated faculty in small classes, offering a "boutique" graduate policy school experience and allowing you to customize your courses to fit your specific interests.
- enables you to combine your interests in Asia Pacific policy with dual professional degrees in law (JD/MAAPPS), business (MBA/MAAPPS), and planning (MAP/MAAPPS).
- is taughout on the beautiful UBC campus in Vancouver, a city that is not only consistently rated as highly livable, but is North America's Asia Pacific city.
Learn more about the MAAPPS Program by...
- watching a Youtube video or two of current MAAPPS students talking about the program
- following us on Twitter @MAAPPSatUBC
- joining our group on Facebook "MAAPPS"
- reading the trade-simulation blog from 10 current students who were on a recent trip to Japan
- having a look at a recent Asia Pacific Memo that included 5 video interviews with MAAPPS students.