Interested in a career with Asia Pacific focused NGOs?
of the Canadian NGO Community
On this page, you will find links to Canadian NGOs that have done considerable work on the impact of free trade on human rights, the environment and other concerns of the NGO community.
- The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada The APF is an independent non-profit orgaization located in Vancouver. This centre provides Canadians with information about business, education and research opportunities in Asia-Pacific, the centre also houses the APEC study centre
- B.C. Civil Liberties Association The BC CLA is a non-profit organization devoted to preserving and extending civil liberties and human rights in British Columbia and across Canada.
- Canadian Human Rights Commission The Human Rights Commission's mission is to promote knowledge of human rights in Canada and to encourage people to follow principles of equality.
- Canadian Pacific Economic Council Canadian version of PECC. PECC is a unique partnership of business, government and research representatives from 22 Asian Pacific economies who work on practical government and business policy issues.
- Council of Canadians An independent non-partisan citizens' interest group providing a critical and progressive voice on key national issues. This site offers a fresh perspective on the current social and economic debates affecting Canadian lives.
- Human Rights research, U Ottawa This bilingual university-based site is a national centre devoted to the fields of equality rights, fundamental freedoms and social and economic rights, both domestic and international. This is a policy oriented research organization, focus on emerging regional (Asia Pacific) environmental, energy and security issues.
- North-South Institute The North-South Institute is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan research institute in Canada focused on international development.
Note that the role of NGOs in Canada-APEC relations continues to be a focus of attention for the IAR's MA Asia Pacific Policy Studies especially in its Social and Economic Change Stream.
For more information or site suggestions, please contact email@example.com
Alternatively, feel free to contact Dr. John Price or Xavier Furtado, APECRIN's Graduate Research Associate, at 604-822-3937.
Last modified on: June 13, 1997 :CJG